Pages

Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Best Beach in the World- Stokes Bay, Kangaroo Island

This must be one of the best beaches I have ever been too.

The last time I went to Kangaroo Island, I think I was like ten. So this trip I am trying to remember the places I have been, but it is all very vague. I did remember the awesome beaches though.

So in the morning I was reading a guide book of Kangaroo Island and choose the North coast to go and explore. We arrive here at Stokes Bay and all we see are rocks. So we are thinking, 'ok cool, no swimming but we can have fun with the rock pools'. But there are heaps of cars parked everywhere and I am thinking where are all the people from these cars?

Then we see a little sign "Beach", this is starting to look really cool...







So we go up this path that winds its away around all these rocks...

A little cave...



And it comes out at the most interesting beach.

 

Part of the beach is those huge rock pool you can swim and snorkel in, it has quite a few different fish and is about waist deep. Then the rest of the bay is a normal beach where you can swim in the ocean and catch the waves, which Hayden just loved.


Mark tried a little fishing, but didn't have much luck.

It was such a warm, beautiful day.

 

 
In this shot you can see the rock pool, with the normal beach behind it, with the big hill that comes right up to the beach. How magical is that?

 

It was such a great day, we had to drag the kids home. Wishing I could be there right now!



No comments:

Post a Comment